- The purpose of this award is to select the outstanding new DeMolay in the State who best typifies and exemplifies the character, conduct, and enthusiastic support of DeMolay.
- See General Rules, Section 1.
- The nominee must have been initiated within the 24 month period of time prior to the Conclave at which the nomination is made, and may not have been nominated for this award at a previous Conclave. Only items occurring during the nominee’s first year after initiation as a DeMolay will be considered for this award.
- The nominee must not know of his nomination.
- Attendance at stated meetings, ritual practices,
and other chapter activities.
- New members brought in.
- Participation in ritual work.
- All nominations must be submitted to Virginia DeMolay's Competitions Advisor by Sunday, July 8, 2012.
- Format for nomination:
- Chapter affiliation
- Date received Initiatory Degree
- Date received DeMolay Degree
- Narrative statement of qualifications and accomplishments to include date obligations said, offices held, considerations in (E) above, and any other pertinent information.
- Final selection will be made by the Executive Officer and a committee appointed by him, who will forward the name of the winner to the Director of Competitions.